The Guyana Football Federation (GFF) will host the newlyappointed FIFA Regional Director, Mr. Marlon Glean, who is scheduled to visit Guyana from February 23 – 26, 2018.
During his visit, Glean will meet with the President and Executive Committee, visit the GFF’s National Training Centre and participate in the youth development programmes – visit to two GFF-Scotiabank Academy Training Centres (ATCs) and one GFF-Pele Alumni Frank Watson U15 Intra Association Tournament. He will also visit a GFF Elite League Match Among the highlights of the visit will be the launch of a partnership between the GFF and Guyana Beverages Inc., which will see bi-weekly “Kool Kidzs” grassroots programmes being held in vulnerable communities. This launch is set for Saturday, 24th February at the GFF Secretariat commencing at 11:00hrs.
Additionally, as part of their partnership with the GFF, Scotiabank will issue vouchers to select footballers who have excelled academically and are part of the ATCs You are invited to this launch as per details above
1. Friday 23rd of February – Arrival and dinner with the GFF President.
2. Visit to the Providence FORWARD site
3. Saturday 24th of February – Presentation of Scotia Bank Book vouchers to ATC players.
4. Saturday 24th of February – Launch of the GFF/Kool Kidzs GRASS ROOTS programme.
5. Saturday 24th of February – Site visit to two ATCs (Georgetown and East Bank)
6. Saturday 24th of February – Site visit to a GFF/Frank Watson game (Wales Community Centre Ground @ 1400hrs/16:00hrs)
7. Saturday 24th of February – Dinner with Exco.
8. Sunday 25th of February – City tour and ffootball venue/infrastructure examination.
9. Sunday 25th of February – Site visit an Elite League game. 10. Monday 26th of February – Departure.